Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Slated to go to Right Coast

After months of waiting and wondering, the question of where I'll be at the end of the year has been answered. I'm going to leave SOCAL and move to the DC area. You heard right, I'm leaving San Diego. Kind of bittersweet because I've grown to love this place. Any bets on what I'll say when someone in DC asks, where are you from? Saying Va Beach seems like a normal answer. Saying San Diego would spark an interesting conversation, why did you move? The news has pretty much sank in and I'm ready to look for possible places to live. The most interesting part of the equation is that my brother got a job in Sterling so it would be a great time to be re-united with Manong. First things first, I have to survive another 7 days of being out to sea. The last 3/4 weeks have went so slow. I'm glad it will come to an end shortly. More exciting is flying to GA to see the family. For the San Diego heads, I'll still be in town until SEP/OCT. I'm not sure when they'll move me. The Navy had to cut its budget of sorts because of the new administration (yeah I said it) which means that that there is no money to move me this fiscal year. They will move me as soon as money is available for next fiscal year whenever that is. Which isn't a bad thing because I get to be in SD for that much longer. For everyone in the Metro area drop me a line on some tips on finding a place up there. I'll be working in Carderock, MD (near Bethesda). I'm looking to take the Metro or some sort of public transportation. I also have to buy a whole new wardrobe to account for 4 seasons instead of 2. I have the green light to buy some new snow boarding gear. It's been a while since I blogged because we lost our connectivity after we left Panama. I'm not blogging about Panama because frankly I don't want to talk about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home