Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Storm is Brewing

The seas has been flat as hell the last couple days. Surprisingly the forecast say they are getting ridiculously high (16FT!) that is pretty crazy. Methinks people will be in their racks for the majority of the day tomorrow. Good news is that this storm shouldn't last long. I can't really sleep right now even though I have the 22-02 watch. I took my fair share of naps throughout the day so taking another one before watch seems overkill. Good news is that I'm having "cable" hooked up in my room. I got this sweet TV but no connectivity to the sateillite TV. Its not that luxurious, 4 channels (news, sports, tv shows,...) I forgot the 4th channel. Maybe there were 3. We also have 2 movie channels onboard and the perks of being out to sea is we get movies before they go on DVD. If there was a popular movie coming out, we would get it a couple weeks after it opens. I spent the majority of my day working on a plan for the Midshipman we are getting this weekend. I remember when I was a Midshipman on cruise, I was pretty much forgotten and there was no training plan in place. After all that, I still became a SWO. A part of me isn't interested in entertaining the MIDs and making them want to go Surface but its the right thing to do. Just because I didn't have this grand training experience doesn't mean I have to screw the next guy. Its tempting though. I got my shit on lock so these guys should have plenty to do onboard. The weather right now down south is freaking humid. Its feels so east coast. haha. So if anyone is so inclined...hit me up traino@ffg48.navy.mil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home